Thursday, June 01, 2006

I have to write about what happend to Bailey yesterday because it was pretty funny. At the time it was very dramatic. Bailey's class has been planning a swimming party since the first day of school. Each child was told that if he or she turned in all of their homework that they could attend this party. All year Bailey has talked about getting her stickers for each week of completed homework so she can go to this thing. Anway the party was Wednesday, May 31st so on Tuesday we were at Logan's game and I was trying to call Em to tell her I need to come and get Bailey's swimsuit so she could go to the party. Emily is always home but for some reason she wasn't answering the phone. I tried to call her again and again with no answer. The game ended around 8:30 so we drove out to her house and of course, no one was there. I tried calling her and Sarah and left messages that it was urgent I speak with them. I called Mandy and she said that Emily should be home so I figured Emily fell asleep early. Around 10:30 Sarah returned my call and I told her I was looking for Emily. She said that Emily just left that she had been at her house all day. I waited until around 11pm and then called Emily again. She finally answered and I told her I needed Bailey's swimsuit for her party tomorrow. All night Bailey was upset, crying because she needed her suit, I was ready to kill her or myself. Anyway, Emily stated that she was going to the doctor in the morning and would drop it off. I said that was fine and calmed Bailey down and went to bed. I don't know where Bailey get's her dramatic personality??? So the next morning I woke up and called Emily to remind her to bring the swimsuit to Bailey. She says no problem so I leave for work. Bailey calls me around 8:10 crying to tell me that Emily brought her a two piece suit and that she can't wear it to school. Emily tells her sorry but has to leave to take Ethan to the doctor, I know she felt really bad. Later Emily told me that Josh said, let's go and buy you a new suit sweetie which doesn't surprise me because she gets special treatment from her daddy. So there I sat at work wondering how I am going to handle her freaking out and tell her to pack the two piece and take a shirt. In the meantime, I will have Mandy run her suit to school as soon as Emily gets back from the Doctor. I call the school and the front office tells me the party is from 9am to noon so I assume when Em gets home it will be too late but Mandy called and said that Vanessa was at Em's and that she could run and grab the suit and take it to the school. I know Mandy only did this because I was crying at this point. So Mandy went to Em's to get the suit and somehow locked her keys and the suit in her running car. This kind of thing is what they write for a show like Seinfeld. So now Bailey is at school probably having a great time, I am at work not upset anymore and Mandy is at Em's crying and upset with her doors locked. She did get a ride to Ian's work to get her spare key which is good but she decided to keep the suit so I could get it from her that night. Bailey calls me around noon to tell me she forgot her cold lunch and that they don't start swimming until after lunch. I call Emily to tell her or Mandy they can run the suit to her but now Mandy is at work and she has the suit in her car. I told Bailey to make the other suit work and eat hot lunch and hang up the phone. Everything worked out with the party and her lunch but what a day.
Logan has a swimming party today but he is a little less stress than Bay. He would swim in his boxers if he had too. Boys are so different than girls and I have a feeling, it is just beginning with Bay.

1 comment:

Helen said...

You aren't kidding it's just the beginning. EVERYTHING is a huge drama with girls. They can make you crazy, and it's aways something life or death - for them - and they drag you into it. I know boys are a lot simpler. They don't sit and worry about every facet of their life. Bailey is VERY MUCH the drama queen, but she comes by it naturally. It runs in the family. That story is a gem though, all the worry for basically nothing, and it NEVER fails, something really stupid happens when you are in a hurry, like locking the keys in the car. I swear, I've only ever done that when it was absolutely essential that I be somewhere, hahahaha. That's life! You will live through Bailey and on the other side of the "teenage years" you will be SO HAPPY you have a daughter. Sons are wonderful, but everyone needs a daughter to take care of them and Bailey is one of the most compassionate people I know. She'll drive you crazy for a few years, but it'll all be worth it (if you live) xxoxoxoxoxox Love, Mom