Tuesday, May 09, 2006


Bailey had a game last night and when she was up to bat, she got a hit and ran to first. The coach told her to keep running so she did as she was told. There was a girl on second base so she had nowhere to run. She turned around to run back to first and was tagged out. In the dug out she was crying so I went over to make sure she was okay. She was so upset, she didn’t understand that it wasn’t her fault. I tried not to laugh (I’m so sensitive), but the coach was so cute, he ran over and picked her up. He gave her a big hug and tried to explain that he had made a mistake. All four of her MALE coaches were huddled around her telling her what a good job she did. The assistant coach felt so bad that he gave her a dollar. After the game I asked Bailey why she was crying and she told me that the girl who tagged her out hurt her arm. Then she grinned and said, the coach gave me a dollar. I don’t know why she didn’t tell them that she was hurt but I thought the whole thing was pretty funny.

2 comments:

Helen said...

That girl is the cutest thing! She just absolutely cracks me up. I love being around her every minute. She is too much like someone else I know (not you - actually not even me - she is so much like her dad-charming). I just LOVE that she is adventurous and brave. She is also a charmer, which is the reason four, count-em four, coaches were huddled around her. She should go into politics some day. She's great at getting reactions from people. LOVE THAT GIRL! xoxoxoxoxox

Emily said...

I need to come to one of her games she is so fun to watch. I need to come to one of logs games too i will soon. I love all the pics you have.