Cozmo is a new edition to the Nielsen home. He was a birthday gift for Logan from Grandma and he loves him. He is a good bird but he only loves Logan and Josh. When it sits on Josh's shoulder, it sings to him and gives him kisses. When it sees me, it tries to bite me. This behavior is no mystery since I tried to kill him by accident. One Saturday a few weeks ago, I was going to give him a spray of his bath time. I grabbed the spray by his cage and sprayed him a few times. After spraying the bird, I could smell chemicals so I looked at the bottle and it said, CAGE CLEANER. I thought I was going to die. I grabbed the bathtime and sprayed the crap out of the bird in hopes to get rid of the chemicals. I started to panic because the bird looked like a drowned rat and the colors on his wings were beginning to change. I scream for Josh and tell him that we need to bathe the bird in water. I didn't give a reason so Josh went with it and grabbed the bird. We took him to the sink filled with water and Josh held him in the water while I desperately tried to rub water all over his body to remove the cage cleaner. The bird is not happy and finallly takes a bite out of Josh's hand which causes him to scream out. I panic and grab a towel to wrap around the bird so he doesn't peck my eyes out and run him to the cage. Now I have a drenched bird shivering in his cage and not looking great. I decided that the best way to dry him so he doesn't catch cold was to use a blow dryer. Remember, this is my sons beloved bird and I may have poisoned him. I was desperate to repair the damage. I grabbed a blow dryer and set it to low heat and began to blow him dry. At first, he hides but after a minute or so, he realizes that warmth is coming and starts to enjoy the breeze. After blow drying him for about 10 minutes, his feathers start to look better and he stops shivering. Two days later I decide that I feel too guilty and I need to come clean with the kids and Josh. I begin by saying, when you spray the bird, make sure you use the right bottle. Of course my 13 year old proceeds to tell me that he isn't that stupid to spray the bird with the wrong thing. So I explain that accidents happen and in fact, I did spray him with the wrong bottle. The kids looked at me like I'm kidding and Josh started to laugh. See I do stuff like this all the time, its amazing my kids have survived me and my stupidity. I have to say that now the cage cleaner is downstairs away from the bird so I don't make that mistake again. In conclusion, Cozmo seems to be fine. So far so good!
1 comment:
I loved this story... I laughed right out loud. That is the kind of thing that I would do!
Post a Comment